New article by Graeme Fowler below team.
As always, well worth the read.
You’ll recognise many of the alignments in messages in this to what we constantly bombard you with, particularly ‘if it makes sense now, buy it now’, and his love and trust for the media and commentators.
The Absolute Absurdity of Paying any attention to House Prices or what’s in the news (June 2020).
Here are a few headlines from various news articles, most of them over the past year or two.
1. Rotorua house prices up more than 25%
2. Rotorua - House sellers cash in, making median $200k as capital gains reach record
3. Tight Hamilton housing market pushes property values up
4. Hamilton’s house prices keep rocketing up
5. Fierce competition for Hamilton homes means prices likely to rise
6. Asking prices for Waikato homes increases 74% in five years
7. Waikato’s median house price climbs $60,000 in a year
8. Tauranga out-ranks Auckland as NZ’s most...
Kelvin Davidson from Corelogic shares the good oil on what's happening right now in the New Zealand property market. Check it out!
Not having a Plan B and Not understanding the risks and downsides.
By James Upton
Disclaimer: Nothing is this article is meant to constitute financial advice of any kind, and is the opinion of the author only. Seek professional advice before making any financial decision.
When I tell people that I am a property investor their response is often;
“Oh really, you must be a bit of a gambler… Bet you are hoping the market rises again soon?!”
When I hear this response time and time again, I have a little chuckle to myself.
In my opinion I could not be less of a gambler if I tried and I have strategies no matter what the market is doing, not simply being a speculator and waiting for it to increase. In all reality, my risk tolerance is very low and I have a number of exit strategies or Plan B, C and D’s for every trade property or buy and hold property I purchase.
For example, I just completed a trade in South...